REV777

 

 

 

 

 

Friday, October 06, 2006

Keeping a poker log

I play a fairly regular home game, with a base of about 12-15 regular players. I had thought about leaving this game, admittedly after suffering some bad beats, thinking that we were merely passing the money back and forth between the players. We typically play NLHE freeze-out style tournaments, and may run some small cash games on the side when people bust out.

I decided that before I left this game I would keep a log of all the games and track my record. Let me just say that I am glad I did. I am using CardPlayer's Poker Tracker. While I have had smoe short streaks of losing, over all I am killing this game. Here are my stats from the tournament games since May when I started tracking.

Tournaments Count : 45
Total Buy-ins : $546
Total Payouts : $1,070
Total Won/Lost : $525
Average Won/Lost : $12

I have cashed 23 times of the 45 tournaments played with 16 of those cashes being 1st or 2nd place. Now don't get me wrong, these are not tournaments with hundreds, or thousands, of players. They are small home games with 6-20 players. Our average game probably has 12 players.

If you haven't been keeping a log, I suggest you check out the CardPlayer Poker Tracker. It allows you to make modifications, and customize some of the inputs as far as game locations...etc. You can also filter your results to check your stats at a specific location, or game type. You can track tournaments & cash games. I have found it to be a pretty handy accessory.

thanks for stopping by, and good luck at the tables.

2 Comments:

Blogger t said...

its about time you made a damn post!

so what is that percentages of cashes then?

Sunday, October 08, 2006 11:57:00 AM  
Blogger REV777 said...

51% cashes.

Sunday, October 08, 2006 3:20:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Main Menu

Home

Full Tilt Forum
Cardplayer
rec.gambling.poker

Description

REV777's Blog on: Poker, Sports and Life

Google

Other Blogs


  • t's spot

  • Confessions of an Amateur Poker Player
  • Anything But Hold Em
  • CailtyssRulien
  • OMGWTF: It's A Blog
  • HuckleBerry Poker
  • Steeler247 Blog of Nothing
  • atrey's Blog
  • Fornelli's Blog
  • Foul balls
  • Hrbeks Incoherent World
  • Petulant Times
  • Virge's Outpost

  • SmBoatDrinks

  • Twisted Oreos

  • Poker Profs Poker Blog

  • Tao of Poker


  • Previous Posts


  • Homemade Halloween Decorations Pix
  • Halloween Decorations
  • Spreading the Word
  • Tourney or Cash Game?
  • Blogging, a little O8 and Fantasy Football
  • Fantasy Football Team
  • 5 Months, Not Bad
  • Welcome


  • Archives


    April 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    December 2006
    June 2008


    Contact


    REV777

    Powered By





     

    Visitor Stats