REV777

 

 

 

 

 

Monday, September 18, 2006

Tourney or Cash Game?

Our regular home game tournament had 14 players Friday night. I managed to bubble out when my AK caught a K on the flop, only to run into runner, runner flush from the crazy new guy that was playing. He seemed to hit every %&!$#(@# draw. We play with a bounty on each player, and he had 8 bounties when there were 5 players left. I don't have a problem with the way he played, I believe everyone has the right to play their hand anyway they want, but it was pretty amazing how often he got involved with the worst hand, only to hit on the river. His run couldn't last forever though. His big stack got taken down, and he came in second place.

In the second game we only had 11 players, with no bounties, and decided to squeeze everyone around one table. Tina & I got into a mini battle on the 1st hand. She kept firing on every street, and I had to lay down my K's on the river. She claimed she had pocket Aces, but I guess I will never know. I managed to hang around till near the bubble again, going out in 5th place.

Out $45 from the tournaments, it was time to get the side cash game started. At first there was only 3 of us, who bought in for $20 apiece, with the blinds at .25/.50. We soon added a 4th and then 5th player. Now the cards start hitting. Not just hitting, but hitting hard. I knew my time would be limited, as the 2nd tournament was down to 3 players, and as soon as Tina won the damn thing, I guess I taught her well, she would be ready to go. Seemed like every big hand I had got paid off at the cash game. Once the tournament broke I announced I would play one more orbit for the cash game. I really hated getting up, but when I did I cashed out at $86. So I was able to recover my tournament buy ins, and end the night up $21. With her cash in the second tournament, Tina was up $60 for the night. Not a bad night of poker.

My Fantasy Football team was able to improve there scoring output this week. But I had a terrible match-up. My opponent had Peyton Manning, Tiki Barber, & Warrick Dunn as a pretty solid base for his starters. Needless to say, even though I improved, I still lost by 20 points. Sucks to be my team.

We also finally had the garage sale we have been trying to have for the past month. Tina had problems getting the ad placed in the local paper. Well I should say they had problems running the ad correctly. She would call the ad in, we would check the paper it was suppose to be in, and there would be no ad. This happened like 3 times. I had hopes of selling it all, but as is usual with a garage sale we still had plenty of stuff left. Damn it people buy our junk!! Ha ha. We did take some of our money and buy us all sleeping bags, and some other camping accessories, so we can take the kids camping.

That's all for now. Good luck at the tables!

3 Comments:

Blogger t said...

Tina PWNS you!!!

Nice little run, dont forget to bring the fishies to indypaloooza!

Friday, September 22, 2006 9:06:00 AM  
Blogger REV777 said...

Woohoo. My first comment! Thanks T!

Tina & I were discussing IndyPalooza last night, and whom we should invite.

Friday, September 22, 2006 10:11:00 AM  
Blogger IlliniFan97 said...

Damnit, now I have to agree with SQUIB!! I shoulda perused this earlier.

Tina bluffed you. Just like I got her at the Chicago gathering :-)

Way to go Tina!!!

Thursday, September 28, 2006 1:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Main Menu

Home

Full Tilt Forum
Cardplayer
rec.gambling.poker

Description

REV777's Blog on: Poker, Sports and Life

Google

Other Blogs


  • t's spot

  • Confessions of an Amateur Poker Player
  • Anything But Hold Em
  • CailtyssRulien
  • OMGWTF: It's A Blog
  • HuckleBerry Poker
  • Steeler247 Blog of Nothing
  • atrey's Blog
  • Fornelli's Blog
  • Foul balls
  • Hrbeks Incoherent World
  • Petulant Times
  • Virge's Outpost

  • SmBoatDrinks

  • Twisted Oreos

  • Poker Profs Poker Blog

  • Tao of Poker


  • Previous Posts


  • Blogging, a little O8 and Fantasy Football
  • Fantasy Football Team
  • 5 Months, Not Bad
  • Welcome


  • Archives


    April 2006
    September 2006
    October 2006
    December 2006
    June 2008


    Contact


    REV777

    Powered By





     

    Visitor Stats